Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Welcome Wives

If you're here, you're probably one of the many women who, due to some sort of obligation have to be apart from their husbands. I personally call myself the Weekend Wife. I saw it coming. I always knew that the moment I marry my man we will have to be apart. I suppose I am among the lucky few... despite being apart, we can still manage to see each other every week... Some women aren't half as lucky. Some are separated by oceans so great, even monthly dates would be a miracle.

Being married... promising to be together for the rest of our lives... and later forced to be apart is not something I would wish on anybody. It has always been a long distance relationship for my husband and I, but that fact does not make long distance marriages any easier. Frankly, it sucks.

It sucks that when I wake up, he's not there.
It sucks that when I had a tough day at work he's not there.
It sucks that when someone does/says something funny we can't laugh at it together.
It sucks that when I'm brimming with excitement he's not there.
It sucks that when I'm feeling down, he's not there to boost me up.

It just sucks.

But life goes on. I cry a little (OK...a LOT)...and some days (ehem...most) I feel like quitting my job to be nearer to my beloved... but I know I'm not alone...

and that, my dear WWs, is why this blog now exists and ready for issues. For the time being, we'll still open up to the general public... but if and when topics become more personal... we'll consider making it private for the comfort of our writers.

OH... and if you're interested to be a writer in this blog... do drop your email at weekendwife@gmail.com and I'll send the invitation.

Much Love,
Jasmin Hassan
Weekend Wife

6 comments:

  1. ~ love it love it love it... gud idea beb... plz dun make it private la.. aku tak jadi wife lagi... nnt takleh lak baca...NOT FAIR!!! huhuhu ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahaha... nanti aku invite la ko to view the page... apala... tak IT savvy lgsg. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh ohhh.. sgt setuju dgn n3 u ni..
    kdg2 i rase mcm nk benti je keje, ikut hasben i pegi sri lanka :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. (~_~).. thanks jasmin sebab create this blog.. i'm sure it will help us a lot.. i suka baca pengalaman wife2 yg long distance sebab sama macam yg i rasa.. and this entry, mmg lebih kurang sama.. i mmg rasa nak quit kerja and ikut hubby.. (~_~)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cik puan fara... jauhnye... ur stories would be great lessons for us.

    hazreen... thanks for supporting us. may this blog be a source of strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice blog. don't make it private, please. it brings me comfort to know that there are people who are in the same situation as me, except that I get to see my husband every four months or so because of my studies. long distance sucks. period. but true, life goes on. keep writing!

    ReplyDelete